For years, women have been fighting the effects of aging, weight gain, etc. Unfortunately, there’s no way to avoid it. With modern technology and innovations, though, you can undo some of the damage. Some breasts don’t sag until later. Part of this is genetics. Part of it is lifestyle choices. For example, do you maintain your weight with a healthy diet and exercise plan? Are you planning on having kids? Even one pregnancy can cause significant sagging.
Depending on the severity, doctors can make different decisions. They can recommend the right incisions that will get you the best results. Sometimes, this requires larger incisions and more extensive work. A doctor is the best person to help you make this decision. Before surgery is needed, it helps some women to know what causes sagging. They want to do what they can to minimize it or prevent it. You can’t prevent it forever, but many can delay it.
Are there situations when younger women will need to see a breast lift doctor in Long Island? Sometimes, women develop deformities during puberty. When these are repaired, you’ll inevitably need a breast lift. For most women, though, there are a few things to keep in mind early on.
Minimize Sagging before You Need Affordable Breast Lifts in NY
What can you do to minimize sagging before you need surgery to fix the problem? Part of sagging is based on genetics. No matter what your family history is, keep a few things in mind:
- Eat Plenty of Fruits and Vegetables: It’s not just about staying healthy with more fruits and vegetables in your diet. It’s also about all the vitamins and other nutrients you find in these foods. Vitamins, antioxidants, and minerals keep your body healthy. This increases your natural elasticity in the short and long run.
- Maintain a Healthy Weight: One of the biggest unnecessary contributors to sagging is weight gain and yo-yo dieting. You can’t always control your weight. In most cases, though, healthy habits will help you to maintain a healthy weight. This prevents the skin from stretching and then sagging when you lose the weight.
- Take Care of Your Skin: Just like you would your face always take care of your skin as a whole. Things like sun exposure often aren’t as severe for the breasts. Something as simple as using a moisturizer protects healthy skin, though.
- Wear a Bra: You don’t have to wear a bra all the time. Your breasts need ongoing support throughout the day, though. Gravity has a strong effect which increases with things like exercise. Exercise helps you stay at a healthy weight. Wearing the right sports bra supports your breasts and prevents sagging.
- Take Care of Yourself during Pregnancy: Pregnancy takes its toll. It might wreck your breasts. If you’re going to get a breast lift, you should always wait til after you’re done having kids. Doing the same things like eating healthy and exercising can minimize the damage, though.
Are You the Right Patient for a Breast Lift? Talk to a Doctor in Long Island
If you follow the above instructions, you take care of many of the challenges breast lift patients face. Once you’re done having kids, you should be healthy and at your ideal weight. A natural prerequisite is that your breasts are sagging. Some patients see saggy breasts where they aren’t as severe as patients believe.
Doctors take objective measurements before recommending affordable breast lifts in NY. Then we can talk about next steps and any adjustments that need to be made before surgery. To explore your options for better breasts today, click here.